Human Resources Generalist
Job Status: Exempt
Position Summary: The Human Resource Generalist plans and coordinates human resources activities and related administrative functions of the company. The Human Resource Generalist ensures that human resources policies and procedures are applied in a fair and consistent manner. The Human Resource Generalist provides a broad range of HR services to support managers and employees within the company. The Human Resource Generalist works in partnership with managers to address operational, talent and productivity related issues, employee benefits, organizational development, culture, employee relations, workforce planning, and coaching. The Human Resource Generalist is a close advisor to the leadership and sales teams. The Human Resource Generalist has a deep understanding of the business to diagnose organizational needs, develop solutions and consult with managers on operational strategies to improve business performance through people. The Human Resource Generalist is also responsible for coaching managers to enhance their people-leadership capabilities.
Supervision: Reports to the CEO/President
About our Company:
For over 20 years, The Good Feet Store has been dedicated to one goal: improving the quality of life for people who are limited by foot, knee, hip or back pain commonly caused by foot-related problems. Our core belief is that everyone deserves to live their life on their own terms. And, no matter what you want to do, or where you want to go, your feet shouldn’t stop you.
Our CEO, Arnold Pereira, ensures that each of our employees is given the opportunity to thrive. We offer close-knit team environments in our stores, with training on the Good Feet arch support products and systems.
As the largest Good Feet Store franchisee in the country, with 19 locations, Good Feet Midwest offers its employees and customers the best in benefits and service.
Essential Job Functions:
- Delivers HR programs to drive/reinforce company business strategy and culture
- Ensures that HR policies and procedures are applied fairly and consistently by managers.
- Ensures employee communications processes align with company culture & strategic objectives
- Measures the effectiveness of HR policies and practices
- Identify staffing needs and qualifications, develop and maintain job descriptions
- Develop a recruiting strategy that helps them meet the staffing needs of their organization and effectively compete for the best employees. Participates in the interview process to assure that candidates match company requirements.
- Coordinates/supports employee onboarding activities and conducts orientation sessions to ensure a positive new employee experience and rapid engagement.
- Provides administrative support for processes and programs in the areas of HRIS/compensation/benefits, employee relations, and/or training and development.
- Ensures pay and benefits are internally fair and externally competitive with the labor market. Collaborates with Accounting to administer benefits program, focusing on communication and ensuring competitiveness with labor market.
- Handle staffing issues, such as mediating disputes, directing the disciplinary and termination process
- Maintain HRIS employment records and process paperwork for status changes.
- Administers Family Medical Leave program
- Oversees employee relations, regulatory compliance, employee-related services and training.
- Identify ways to maximize the value of the organization’s employees and ensure that they are used as efficiently as possible.
- Answers human resource related questions and resolves work-related problems
- Advise managers on organizational policies, such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment
- Consult with managers on long and short-term planning
- Ensure that human resources functions comply with federal, state, and local regulations
- Assess worker productivity and recommend changes to the organization’s structure to help it meet budgetary goals
- Oversees risk management issues such as safety, health and legal issues
- Human Resources Capacity
- Ethical Conduct
- Strategic Thinking
- Decision Making
- Financial Management
- Bachelor's Level Degree - Four-year degree in HR management, organizational development or business-related field required
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressive experience in several areas of human resources such as recruiting, coordinating employment activities, employee relations and compensation and benefits administration.
- Certification SHRM-PC or PHR certification
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.