Company: Good Feet Midwest, Inc.
Positions Supervised:Staff Accountant, Accounting Assistant, Sr. Accounting Coordinator, Accounts Payable Media
About our Company:
For over 20 years, The Good Feet Store has been dedicated to one goal: improving the quality of life for people who are limited by foot, knee, hip or back pain commonly caused by foot-related problems. Our core belief is that everyone deserves to live their life on their own terms. And, no matter what you want to do, or where you want to go, your feet shouldn’t stop you.
As the largest Good Feet Store franchisee in the country, with 19 locations, Good Feet Midwest offers its employees and customers the best in benefits and service. Our corporate headquarters are located at 600 W. Virginia Street in the historic Tannery Office Complex in Milwaukee, WI.
Provide leadership and coordination of the company financial planning and budget management functions. Ensure company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles. This position is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of all internal and external financial reporting. Key internal requirements include monthly and quarterly reporting, along with ensuring that standard and ad hoc financial reporting is readily available.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee daily operations of the finance/accounting policies and procedures.
- Accurately maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of records to show receipts and expenditures.
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts, receivables, revenue distribution. Cost, property and operating expenses.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting timekeeping and payroll.
- Leads, directs and has admin responsibility for the new Acumatica/Fusion ERP System.
- The Controller has supervisory responsibilities. Must be able to direct, supervise and organize employee skills to the needs of the company.
- Ability to monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment.
- Prepare monthly analysis of cost of goods sold and operational expenses against prior year and budget, providing explanations and business solutions to help mitigate the risks.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Maintain banking relationships.
- Assist in determining the company’s proper capital structure.
- Arrange for equity and debt financing.
- Recommend appropriate dividend issuances, based on historical dividend patterns and expected cash flows.
- Prepare the company’s annual budget.
- Prepare the monthly break-even analysis for media spending.
- Analyze financial performance against key business metrics and document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against budgets.
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company.
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement.
- Prepare and interpret the company’s financial results to management and recommend improvement activities.
- Participate in target costing activities to meet predetermined price goals.
- Assist in the determination of product pricing in relation to features offered.
- Compile key business metrics and report on them to management.
- Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis.
- Prepares property tax returns.
- Provides information as needed to outside CPA firm to prepare tax returns and keep them updated on the financial health of the organization and any accounting changes.
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management.
Education & Competency Requirements
To perform the job successfully, an employee must meet the educational requirements and demonstrate required competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, plus seven to ten years of accounting experience. CPA or MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets and product-line profitability analysis.
- Ability to deliver timely and accurate financial statements.
- Solid experience working with income statements and balance sheets.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Advanced Excel skills with the ability to work with pivot tables, lookups, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication, including team-building skills.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This position is largely a sedentary role. However, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filling cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.